Finally, we can easily and securely integrate and share Xero business “bottom line” performance numbers in Google Data Studio dashboards! We have been waiting for this since we started working with Google Data Studio. For years we have created Google Data Studio dashboards for businesses using data sources such as Google Sheets, Google Analytics, Google Ads and Facebook Ads that we could connect and visualize in a few clicks. However, getting the bottom line performance of Australian Businesses into these dashboards using Xero data was always a struggle and forced us to use intermediate connectors. These times are behind us and we can now integrate, securely share and leverage Xero data in a few clicks with Google Data Studio.
What is Google Data Studio
Leverage your data to measure your business performance, motivate your team and find opportunities using Google Data Studio dashboards. This statement from the Google Data Studio webpage summarizes its capabilities well “[…] create meaningful, shareable charts and graphs with a few clicks — just drag and drop. Customize everything from colors to logos, add shapes and images, insert dynamic controls, and easily give viewers a way to select the data they want to see in a report from multiple sources”
Benefits of integrating Google Data Studio and Xero
By combining your Xero data with the security, access control and drag and drop visualization capabilities of Google Data Studio the possibilities are endless.
- Combine data from different businesses together into a one-page dashboard that is easily accessible on desktop, mobile and tablet.
- Create a focused one-page overview of the ongoing Business performance drilled down per client or cost pool accessible in one click without having to call or email your accountant.
- Motivate your Sales team with an easy accessible up to date sales dashboard from Xero integrated with Target numbers from Google Sheets without exposing the business cost.
- Create a good looking dashboard for external stakeholders highlighting the performance of the Business backed by Xero data.
- Combine the Xero data with data from Google Analytics and Google Ads to expose the true Return On Investment/Ad Spent per Digital Marketing Channel with validated numbers from Xero.
Example template dashboard provided for free with the connector
What Our Customers are saying
The data connector is a great time saver for me. Instead of having to login to Xero and lookup the key performance metrics for all my businesses I can now just click on my bookmarked data studio dashboard webpage and see this in a glance.
—Brett Baker, The Funpreneur (multiple business owner)
- Step 1:Sign up for a free trial
- Step 2: Read our Support article here for detailed instructions on setting up the connector